Guns Guns Guns Miscellaneous firearms forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:49   #1
Points: 2,112, Level: 27 Points: 2,112, Level: 27 Points: 2,112, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Real Life SHTF

This is what I fear could happen in the USA someday. My Zombie SHTF stash would work out well against these thugs if they come near my neighborhood:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...overnment.html

Street clashes broke out between rioting youths and police in central Athens today as tens of thousands demonstrated during a nationwide strike against the cash-strapped government.
Hundreds of masked and hooded youths punched and kicked motorcycle police, knocking several off their bikes, as police responded with volleys of tear gas and stun grenades.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1257243/Greek-riots-Up-60-000-people-streets-protest-government.html#ixzz0hzuSEl4S
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 14:57   #2
Points: 2,934, Level: 33 Points: 2,934, Level: 33 Points: 2,934, Level: 33
Last Achievements

"Organisers said some 60,000 people took part in the protest. But an unofficial police estimate set the crowd at around 20,000 - including those that took part in a separate, peaceful march earlier Thursday. Police do not issue official crowd estimates for demonstrations."

Dang need more ammo, Almost 15k here. The bear is loading the magazines.
Old 03-12-2010, 15:06   #3
Points: 2,112, Level: 27 Points: 2,112, Level: 27 Points: 2,112, Level: 27
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by wy_daveh View Post
Dang need more ammo, Almost 15k here. The bear is loading the magazines.
LOL!

But seriously, if looting and rioting groups are heading to your neighborhood, I think the police would flee until they got more reinforcements, like parts of LA was abandoned for days. I think some of my neighbors would feel like me and want to draw a line in the sand a little distance from our homes. I would think the groups would likely move to an area with less resistance, but who really knows.

Didn't some Asian shopkeepers stand their ground during the LA riots?
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 20:33   #4
Points: 3,575, Level: 37 Points: 3,575, Level: 37 Points: 3,575, Level: 37
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Last Achievements

yes during the la riots. store owners with rifles didn't get there store looted at least less likely to get looted
saver_mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:05   #5
Banned
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by saver_mind View Post
yes during the la riots. store owners with rifles didn't get there store looted at least less likely to get looted
Rifles and bullet proof vests!
I predict another ammo shortage!
lenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:20   #6
Points: 18,245, Level: 85 Points: 18,245, Level: 85 Points: 18,245, Level: 85
Activity: 25.5% Activity: 25.5% Activity: 25.5%
Last Achievements

there was fotos in the pages of American Rifleman of some Latinos running a furniture store that built a barracide of pallets in front and back of the store fronting the entrance and layed a piece of cardboard or plywood atop which had firearms lying on. the most detailed foto showed several of the owners behind the pallets in the middle was a woman with guns layed out before her. a H&R shotgun maybe a .410 with shells laying beside and a looked to be Marlin tube fed .22 with a couple boxes ammo. either side of her stood men that had long guns laying on the table mostly break-open 12 or 20ga and .22's it seems but a lever action that looked to be a .357 maybe .44 and again boxes of ammo beside. a couple of the men had pistols on their belt too. the rioters were well away from them.
the 10 largest towns in the USA are just time bombs waiting for the economic crash to lite the fuse. Detroit, Washington, LA, Houston, Memphis, Atlanta, Chicago, Pitt, NY, any town with high percentage of 'minoritys' and govt. 'project' housing areas (slums)
Marlin 45 carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 18:06   #7
Registered Member
Points: 2,160, Level: 28 Points: 2,160, Level: 28 Points: 2,160, Level: 28
Last Achievements

I don't think that you can consider Pitt(sburgh) one of the top 10 largest towns in the USA...nor having a high percentage of minorities and subsidized housing.

Races in Pittsburgh:

* White Non-Hispanic (66.9%)
* Black (27.1%)
* Two or more races (1.6%)
* Hispanic (1.3%)
* Chinese (0.9%)
* Other race (0.7%)
* American Indian (0.7%)
* Asian Indian (0.6%)

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Pittsb...#ixzz0mp9F6ipz

As compared to DC....

Races in Washington:

* Black (60.0%)
* White Non-Hispanic (27.8%)
* Hispanic (7.9%)
* Other race (3.8%)
* Two or more races (2.4%)
* American Indian (0.8%)
* Chinese (0.7%)

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Washin...#ixzz0mp9cq1Sq

I doubt you'll see ANY rioting here...hell, you can't swing a stick without hitting a gun owner in Western PA!
ironcitykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:09   #8
Points: 958, Level: 16 Points: 958, Level: 16 Points: 958, Level: 16
Last Achievements

Note to self: Don't swing a stick in Western PA
Old 10-12-2011, 09:37   #9
Points: 21,810, Level: 92 Points: 21,810, Level: 92 Points: 21,810, Level: 92
Last Achievements

I vividly recall the Race Riots in Cleveland as a child (4 miles from home). The cops shot and killed quite a few snipers that were shooting at utility repair crews and firemen. A close friend was a Motor Cop then, and said that all armed insurgents were shot on sight, regardless if actively shooting or not. I recently sold the M1 Carbine he was issued for the event, he claimed it had a few "notches" on it. This guy was a CBA, and a solid friend. Do any of you older types remember their battle cry "BURN BABY BURN".
calibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 20:44   #10
Points: 2,192, Level: 28 Points: 2,192, Level: 28 Points: 2,192, Level: 28
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by calibrator View Post
I vividly recall the Race Riots in Cleveland as a child (4 miles from home). The cops shot and killed quite a few snipers that were shooting at utility repair crews and firemen. A close friend was a Motor Cop then, and said that all armed insurgents were shot on sight, regardless if actively shooting or not. I recently sold the M1 Carbine he was issued for the event, he claimed it had a few "notches" on it. This guy was a CBA, and a solid friend. Do any of you older types remember their battle cry "BURN BABY BURN".
I remember "Burn Baby Burn" from Watts in 65. I was just a kid, my family was staying with my aunt a few blocks away in Gardena on vacation. Seemed like we were awake 24 hours a day watching TV (and all the windows in the house).I remember when we were driving to LA's Union station on the return home, I saw bullet holes appearing in the windshield of a boat on a trailer right next to us on the freeway. When we got home we went straight from the train station to a friend of my dad's gun shop and bought an extra shotgun before we went home. Scary times as a kid.
ragermack is offline   Reply With Quote