General Chit Chat No politics or religion in this section!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 17:35   #1
Full Member
Points: 17,044, Level: 83 Points: 17,044, Level: 83 Points: 17,044, Level: 83
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
TacticalGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 812
Why the new look on the forum?

What the hell is up with the new look on the forum? Points, activity level, experience, achievements... It feels like I am in the middle of an game of Call of Duty on XBox Live or something. Do we really need to lessen the credibility of this forum further by turning it into a video game with a ranking system like some other elitist forums? (Personally, I feel the forum took an unrecoverable nosedive after the political forum was brought back )

Lets try to make the forum a legitimate place for credible advice and people in the firearms community that all have a vested interest in the preservation of our 2nd amendment, and not make it feel like an arcade.

TG
__________________
TO THOSE WHO ENJOY THAT FOR WHICH THEY HAVE NEVER BLED, DON'T THANK THOSE WHO HAVE, THEY BLED NOT FOR YOU, BUT FOR EACH OTHER.
TacticalGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 18:36   #2
anti-capitalist
Points: 76,546, Level: 100 Points: 76,546, Level: 100 Points: 76,546, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements
 
freesw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: A fundamentally transformed America
Posts: 24,175
Originally Posted by TacticalGenius View Post
What the hell is up with the new look on the forum? Points, activity level, experience, achievements...
I think it means we won't be issued dividends.
__________________
I'm convinced that capitalism is the worst enemy of humanity and the environment, enemy of the entire planet. -- Evo Morales
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 18:44   #3
Full Member
Points: 860, Level: 15 Points: 860, Level: 15 Points: 860, Level: 15
Activity: 7.2% Activity: 7.2% Activity: 7.2%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 172
Thumbs up

I'm saving my points for a T-shirt and a sippy cup.
51
51colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 19:33   #4
Full Member
Points: 10,086, Level: 67 Points: 10,086, Level: 67 Points: 10,086, Level: 67
Activity: 11.6% Activity: 11.6% Activity: 11.6%
Last Achievements
 
Metalhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 661
Originally Posted by 51colt View Post
I'm saving my points for a T-shirt and a sippy cup.
51
You know if ya save them points you could get the tactical gear bag
Metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 20:25   #5
Administrator
Points: 26,556, Level: 97 Points: 26,556, Level: 97 Points: 26,556, Level: 97
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,612
Its a new modification that I thought would liven things up a little bit
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:09   #6
Full Member
Points: 17,044, Level: 83 Points: 17,044, Level: 83 Points: 17,044, Level: 83
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
TacticalGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 812
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Its a new modification that I thought would liven things up a little bit
Epic Fail
__________________
TO THOSE WHO ENJOY THAT FOR WHICH THEY HAVE NEVER BLED, DON'T THANK THOSE WHO HAVE, THEY BLED NOT FOR YOU, BUT FOR EACH OTHER.
TacticalGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:15   #7
Super Vendor
Points: 14,646, Level: 78 Points: 14,646, Level: 78 Points: 14,646, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
gundoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,537
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Its a new modification that I thought would liven things up a little bit
I've seen a lot of changes in my time here but I don't really understand this one. What are we doing? How does this work? I appreciate that you keep the forum running for us but maybe you could explain it to me. I don't have an Xbox and gave up PSN games a long time ago because I get pwned too often .
gundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:43   #8
Full Member
Points: 1,270, Level: 19 Points: 1,270, Level: 19 Points: 1,270, Level: 19
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by TacticalGenius View Post
What the hell is up with the new look on the forum? Points, activity level, experience, achievements... It feels like I am in the middle of an game of Call of Duty on XBox Live or something. Do we really need to lessen the credibility of this forum further by turning it into a video game with a ranking system like some other elitist forums? (Personally, I feel the forum took an unrecoverable nosedive after the political forum was brought back )

Lets try to make the forum a legitimate place for credible advice and people in the firearms community that all have a vested interest in the preservation of our 2nd amendment, and not make it feel like an arcade.

TG
I would have to agree. Looks like this could easily turn into a "mine is bigger thans yours", forum. (talking about the points, activity level, experience, achievements bars, of coarse)
jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:45   #9
Full Member
Points: 1,270, Level: 19 Points: 1,270, Level: 19 Points: 1,270, Level: 19
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by 51colt View Post
I'm saving my points for a T-shirt and a sippy cup.
51
That's funny right there.

I might change my mind about this change if we can win stuff with our points.J/K
jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 13:31   #10
communism hater
Points: 11,089, Level: 69 Points: 11,089, Level: 69 Points: 11,089, Level: 69
Activity: 64.5% Activity: 64.5% Activity: 64.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,655
Originally Posted by TacticalGenius View Post
(Personally, I feel the forum took an unrecoverable nosedive after the political forum was brought back )



TG
Maybe if you showed up it would be an unrecoverable nosedive. Dont like it? Dont go there. There ya go, problem solved.
__________________
United We Stand.. Divided We Fall.. Into the pits of socialism
qwman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 15:12   #11
Full Member
Points: 27,395, Level: 98 Points: 27,395, Level: 98 Points: 27,395, Level: 98
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements
 
Dirty Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,501
Originally Posted by qwman68 View Post
Maybe if you showed up it would be an unrecoverable nosedive. Dont like it? Dont go there. There ya go, problem solved.
Yes sir that's what I say too!
__________________
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/
http://cis.org/immigrant-welfare-use-2011
Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.
Groucho Marx
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 15:16   #12
Full Member
Points: 27,395, Level: 98 Points: 27,395, Level: 98 Points: 27,395, Level: 98
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements
 
Dirty Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,501
If Kevin wants to spruce up his forum I say more power to him, we are his guests on his dime and we should respect that.
__________________
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/
http://cis.org/immigrant-welfare-use-2011
Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.
Groucho Marx
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 15:58   #13
Full Member
Points: 2,771, Level: 32 Points: 2,771, Level: 32 Points: 2,771, Level: 32
Activity: 15.5% Activity: 15.5% Activity: 15.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 347
Originally Posted by jwilson View Post
I would have to agree. Looks like this could easily turn into a "mine is bigger thans yours", forum. (talking about the points, activity level, experience, achievements bars, of coarse)
That would be a losing proposition for everyone. The biggest anyone could be is about three inches long.
survivalguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 16:02   #14
Full Member
Points: 17,044, Level: 83 Points: 17,044, Level: 83 Points: 17,044, Level: 83
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
TacticalGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 812
Originally Posted by survivalguy72 View Post
That would be a losing proposition for everyone. The biggest anyone could be is about three inches long.
LOL!! Too funny!

TG
__________________
TO THOSE WHO ENJOY THAT FOR WHICH THEY HAVE NEVER BLED, DON'T THANK THOSE WHO HAVE, THEY BLED NOT FOR YOU, BUT FOR EACH OTHER.
TacticalGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 16:13   #15
Full Member
Points: 17,044, Level: 83 Points: 17,044, Level: 83 Points: 17,044, Level: 83
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
TacticalGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 812
Originally Posted by qwman68 View Post
Maybe if you showed up it would be an unrecoverable nosedive. Dont like it? Dont go there. There ya go, problem solved.
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
Yes sir that's what I say too!
I haven't been to the political sub-forum after it was brought back because the politics always takes away from the purpose of this forum and pits people who have a common interest against one another. Case in point, both your posts. Evidently just by the metion of the downhill slide of this forum occuring around the time the politcal forum returned sent you two in a tailspin. I may be wrong, but, I don't think either of you were around when the original political forum went away, before Kevin arrived. It was taken away because of the nonsense associated with it, how it constantly divided members and how their spats spilled into other sub-forums. Somehow, political sub-forums always turn nasty because people can't respect other people's opinions and viewpoints based on their experience. Again, case in point, your two posts. If you want to talk politics, post on a political forum. In my opinion, if you want to talk guns, post on a gun forum, you don't go to a gun forum to talk politics.

TG
__________________
TO THOSE WHO ENJOY THAT FOR WHICH THEY HAVE NEVER BLED, DON'T THANK THOSE WHO HAVE, THEY BLED NOT FOR YOU, BUT FOR EACH OTHER.
TacticalGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 17:01   #16
Full Member
Points: 1,270, Level: 19 Points: 1,270, Level: 19 Points: 1,270, Level: 19
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by survivalguy72 View Post
That would be a losing proposition for everyone. The biggest anyone could be is about three inches long.
LOL I see your point.
jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 17:21   #17
communism hater
Points: 11,089, Level: 69 Points: 11,089, Level: 69 Points: 11,089, Level: 69
Activity: 64.5% Activity: 64.5% Activity: 64.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,655
Originally Posted by TacticalGenius View Post
I haven't been to the political sub-forum after it was brought back because the politics always takes away from the purpose of this forum and pits people who have a common interest against one another. Case in point, both your posts. Evidently just by the metion of the downhill slide of this forum occuring around the time the politcal forum returned sent you two in a tailspin. I may be wrong, but, I don't think either of you were around when the original political forum went away, before Kevin arrived. It was taken away because of the nonsense associated with it, how it constantly divided members and how their spats spilled into other sub-forums. Somehow, political sub-forums always turn nasty because people can't respect other people's opinions and viewpoints based on their experience. Again, case in point, your two posts. If you want to talk politics, post on a political forum. In my opinion, if you want to talk guns, post on a gun forum, you don't go to a gun forum to talk politics.

TG
I do talk politics in the political forum. I talk mini-14/30 in the mini section and 10/22 in the 10/22 section and reloading in the reloading section. See, I can do it all. I happen to enjoy the political section very much. Like I said before if you dont like it dont go there. To each their own. You badmouthed it and I happen to like it so I defended it. Im not in a tailspin, you are.
__________________
United We Stand.. Divided We Fall.. Into the pits of socialism
qwman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 17:37   #18
Full Member
Points: 17,044, Level: 83 Points: 17,044, Level: 83 Points: 17,044, Level: 83
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
TacticalGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 812
Originally Posted by qwman68 View Post
I do talk politics in the political forum. I talk mini-14/30 in the mini section and 10/22 in the 10/22 section and reloading in the reloading section. See, I can do it all. I happen to enjoy the political section very much. Like I said before if you dont like it dont go there. To each their own. You badmouthed it and I happen to like it so I defended it. Im not in a tailspin, you are.
What I meant was, talk politics in a specifically political forum. However, I am glad you enjoy it. Your experiences obviously differ from mine which is why I said what I said and visa-versa. My feelings are just that this is first and foremost a gun forum, and we should maintain as much as possible those roots. For me, in my view of things, bringing politics into a gun forum is like going to war and garrison breaking out.

If you took offense to what I said, that was your perception and I certainly never meant to offend anyone. Enjoy the politics, I'll enjoy the guns.

TG
__________________
TO THOSE WHO ENJOY THAT FOR WHICH THEY HAVE NEVER BLED, DON'T THANK THOSE WHO HAVE, THEY BLED NOT FOR YOU, BUT FOR EACH OTHER.
TacticalGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 17:40   #19
communism hater
Points: 11,089, Level: 69 Points: 11,089, Level: 69 Points: 11,089, Level: 69
Activity: 64.5% Activity: 64.5% Activity: 64.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,655
Originally Posted by TacticalGenius View Post
What I meant was, talk politics in a specifically political forum. However, I am glad you enjoy it. Your experiences obviously differ from mine which is why I said what I said and visa-versa. My feelings are just that this is first and foremost a gun forum, and we should maintain as much as possible those roots. For me, in my view of things, bringing politics into a gun forum is like going to war and garrison breaking out.

If you took offense to what I said, that was your perception and I certainly never meant to offend anyone. Enjoy the politics, I'll enjoy the guns.

TG
I will enjoy both. No harm done.
__________________
United We Stand.. Divided We Fall.. Into the pits of socialism
qwman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:03.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
All information is copyright by Perfectunion.com unless already under copyright.

This site is Gunny Approved