OK I have not seen one of these in awhile so I will make one the question is what three guns would you most like to own regardless of price AND even if the guns don't yet exist you get to dream them up BUT they must be something that could be made NO Phaser guns or ray guns why ... because it's my thread and I can do DAT .
My three are
1. 6.5x284 Les Bear piston driven AR that weighs 12 lbs and has a 20 inch heavy barrel . The mag would load from the rear of the stock similar to the ps90 but be metal not plastic . the optic would have a built in solar powered ballistic CPU with target acquisition abilities . The gun would also have an internal silencer . integral bi pod and rear mono pod and a second hydraulic trigger that would work in conjunction with the guns targeting and ballistic CPU .
2. This gun would be similar to the FN SAW but much smaller and weighing only 6 lbs empty the ammo would be similar to the 5.7 stuff the ps90 runs off in size but more powerful with depleted uranium bullets . What would really make this gun unique is it would be capable of mounting on a small RC like a toy remote controlled car . and the user could then stay in a safe shelter and deploy his gun as needed on the battlefield . ammo count for a standard rig must be 3k rds minimum .
3. My trusty side arm would be a super short saiga 12 about the size of an oozie the hand guard would be the magazine and hold 20 rds of 12 GA hell I would carry two extra mags for a combined 60 rds . the gun would also have to weigh 5 lbs empty because it is a side arm
Well these are my three I reserve the right to change them at will if I desire what's your three ?
High end drilling (Krieghoff or better), 12x12x30-06, with a 22lr insert for one barrel, and claw mount optics.
Ljutic "pro 3" trap gun (yes, Ljutic is a brand name).
Holland and Holland "best" grade double rifle chambered in 416 Rigby
1. A Smith & Wesson Triple Lock in .38-40. They did make a very few.
2. A Smith & Wesson K-32-20 Masterpiece with an 8 3/8-inch barrel to match the Smith & Wesson Models 14 K-38 and 17 K-22 I already have. A dream gun that was never made, it would need to be configured like a pre-1980 Smith & Wesson with the pinned barrel and without any of the crummy features of current Smith & Wesson revolvers.
3. A decent example of a Winchester Model 1876 lever action. Any factory configuration in any original caliber would do.
3 solid gold MA2s with 10,000 round of solid gold ammo! Sell them for scrap and I can get all 100 of my dream guns and afford to shoot them. I suppose Holland and Holland comes to mind. My dad's Superpose from the 1950s and Winchester's model 21. A good rifle is needed too. H&H 375 but they cost too much to shoot, so any good .300 Win Mag. I have the model 99 in .303 Savage and had one in 22 Hi Power which was awesome. The .303Sav is 109 years old bust still shoots straight. I have owned one in .30-30. I'd prefer .300 Win Mag, but for $350 I could not say no.
After thinking about it for a few seconds, it turns out I apparently don't have a dream gun. As much as I enjoy guns this sort of surprises me. I am going to go check and see if I have a fever or something.
1. Belt fed 10 gauge for mounting on tri pod for windows or on vehicles.
2. Automated belt fed 30-06 machine gun. Motion sensor controlled To place on top of hide out !
3. .300 acc blackout rifle (non-AR) with underslung 12 gauge semi-shotgun! (is that one or two ?) And all the full mags and shells I can lug !
ooo a jet. I didn't know those were allowed in vote ? Wait I can't fly anyway
And you say you were in Iraq. Hum. I know quite a few Iraqi war veterans from ground pounders to supply clerks and all that were in combat zones knew all about close air support and exactly what an A10 or Warthog was.