Finishes and Refinishing Parkerizing, bluing, basic refinishing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2002, 12:50   #1
Points: 7,289, Level: 56 Points: 7,289, Level: 56 Points: 7,289, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Hi All,

I just wanted to let everyone know about a new product that I recently used. It's called 'Blue Wonder', and you can find it at www.novumsolutions.com

This stuff is great. It is not cold blue and does not have that sulfur smell. You apply it with a pp torch or hair dryer (I used a hair dryer). The website has tips and instructions.

The cleaner that comes in the kit is a must use. This stuff is also great.

I've done an old, rusted stevens single shot 12ga that I bought for $50 just to try out Blue Wonder and a well worn Colt Commando .38spl. Both projects turned out beautifully. I refinished the stock and forarm on the Stevens and sold it for $125. Not a great profit as I put about six hours work into it and used about $25 worth of material, but it doesn't matter as bought it just to try out the product before using it on my Colt.

Sorry for rambling, but I am impressed with this product, and recommend it wholeheartedly.

The sales manager is Bob Price and the president of the company (I think) is Ken Gibbs.

Good luck!