• 1 Post By Beck
  • 1 Post By nickndfl
  • 2 Post By RJF
  • 1 Post By Scorpion of Mars
  • 1 Post By RJF

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2016, 16:46   #1

Bulk Ammo ....thumbs down

Been looking for some brass cased 7.62x39mm for the stash. A couple local gun stores I frequent only have steel and report that the brass cased has been about non existent. I was perusing the Forum and saw the vendor ad for Bulk Ammo. They had some PMC in stock.

I live in a restricted state and wanted to check if allowed to purchase prior to placing an order. I accessed the web site and started a chat with a sales rep to inquire on the companies stance. I have found that many vendors will accept orders if a copy of your current LTC is forwarded to them. Also being an LE Officer I offered to send a photo scan of my LE ID and my LTC if required. No dice.. the rep says we don't deal with MA but will ship it to a neighboring state. Huh!!! Well that sounds a bit shady to me so how about this. I'll have my FFL guy send you a copy of his FFL License and you can ship it to his gun store. The rep replies ...NO, we don't ship to MA. I replied this is an active gun store with an FFL holder who will forward you a copy of his license....NO. I have never heard such an asinine policy ever. I thanked the rep and ended the contact.

Bulk Ammo gets a big thumbs down for their pig headed stance on the restricted states. A disgrace to the gun community. Still trying to comprehend the nonsense.
Bepe
Bepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 17:12   #2

Many places give me a hard time in NY as well. Stopped even trying.
Bepe and Brksanman like this.
dh1633pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 17:43   #3

Originally Posted by dh1633pm View Post
Many places give me a hard time in NY as well. Stopped even trying.
With liability issues I can respect the companies reluctance to ship to a private party. As I said some do and some don't. However, I cannot understand the refusal to ship to an FFL gun store upon receipt of FFL License copy. A disgrace to the shooting community.

Yes certainly a form of gun control and helpful to the antis. Just what they want.

Last edited by Bepe; 03-27-2016 at 05:44.
Bepe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2016, 00:12   #4

Sorry to hear that. I'm hearing a lot of things about vendors getting more and more reluctant to ship certain items, which to me is a back door way to gun control at odds with the Constitution. There doesn't even need to be gun laws if vendors are too uptight to sell their merchandise. It used to be easier in Illinois as well. Back in the day I'd order a 1000 round canister of 7.62x39 and it was cheap. I placed the order and they shipped it to my door no hassle. I was a college campus LEO at the time as well, but never had to mention it.
Bepe likes this.
John 15:13
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:35   #5

Originally Posted by Bepe View Post
Been looking for some brass cased 7.62x39mm for the stash. A couple local gun stores I frequent only have steel and report that the brass cased has been about non existent. I was perusing the Forum and saw the vendor ad for Bulk Ammo. They had some PMC in stock.
I'm not having any problem finding 7.62x39 brass cased ammo online. Aside from a brass case, what do you want specifically? Surplus military corrosive berdan prime brass case FMJ lead projectiles start at $0.30 per round.

Non corrosive reloadable boxer prime FMJ lead or steel projectiles are gonna be more like $0.45 ea and up for bulk quantities. I haven't seen a great price for PMC but if you just want the least expensive reloadable ammo there's Fiocchi, S & B, Geco, Prvi Partizan, Red Army Elite, and a couple others.
Brian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 13:46   #6

I guess the idea of moving to a less communist state won't work for you? If not, don't bitch about the companies that have to deal with the land mines that your state has.
Legion489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 14:55   #7

I buy Tula steel cased for around 24 cents/rnd. delivered. Never had an issue from a commie gun.
Ben Dover likes this.
nickndfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 15:39   #8
RJF

Try Target Sports. Don't know about their shipping to commie lands, though.

I'm sorry for your pain.
Ben Dover and Bepe like this.
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:58   #9
Operation:Mindcrime

Originally Posted by Legion489 View Post
I guess the idea of moving to a less communist state won't work for you? If not, don't bitch about the companies that have to deal with the land mines that your state has.
Well, let me introduce myself! Thats out of the way. It appears you lack the ability to realize that sometimes moving out of state can be a very difficult thing to do - for various reasons, which Bepe or anyone else is not obligated to explain to you. If people want to bitch, thats there right and prerogative. Funny you are bitchin, and its okay for you, and you dont even have a vested interest in the issue, as far as one can tell.

I live in the PRK, so I do!
RJF likes this.

Theres a revolution calling you!
Scorpion of Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 21:29   #10

Until I started checking specific dealers, I didn't realize how hard it was to buy ammo in MA. Places like Cabelas and Sportsmansguide ship to most counties in CA but won't ship to MA at all. NY, NJ, Alaska, and Hawaii have similar issues. As usually I'm late to the conversation.

Prices on reloadable 7.62x39 and 7.62 NATO have gone up .08 to .10 per round in the last 6 months with few exceptions. Before summer this year, I was able to find Geco 7.62x39 as low as $.035 but nobody seems to have them in stock anymore.

I'll keep an eye out for those who will ship to MA and add them to this post when I can. With new ammo purchase requirements in CA I expect we'll start having the same problems with ammo suppliers soon enough.

Here's one that will ship to all 50 states if you have the proper paperwork.
http://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com/faq.htm
IL, MA, CT, and NJ residents will need to provide a copy of your Firearm ID Card (or equivalent)
Old 11-28-2016, 17:11   #11

Originally Posted by Scorpion of Mars View Post
Well, let me introduce myself! Thats out of the way. It appears you lack the ability to realize that sometimes moving out of state can be a very difficult thing to do - for various reasons, which Bepe or anyone else is not obligated to explain to you. If people want to bitch, thats there right and prerogative. Funny you are bitchin, and its okay for you, and you dont even have a vested interest in the issue, as far as one can tell.

I live in the PRK, so I do!
Yes I realize that moving is a pain. When I lived in a communist zone, and I did, I didn't whine about it, I did something. I just put on my big boy pants, which you can borrow as you obviously need some, and moved like a big boy does. I didn't/don't bitch about it like a little girl with her panties in a twist that I had/have to live under their laws and refuse to do anything about changing them like you do.

I never said anyone had to explain anything to me. Just another leftist/little girl with her panties in a twist attack to discredit me/the truth. Nice try Hitlerly, but I ain't drinking the Kool-Aid you are offering.

Where/when did I bitch? All I said was is if you don't like it move. If you don't like it and refuse to do anything, then don't bitch. Gee Hitlery, you can't even read what people say and then attack them for what you say they said? That's real big of you.

Oh now you know what my vested interest is? Wow, with knowledge like that no wonder you go out of your way to attack the truth and people who have a better (or any) grasp of what is going on.

Next time you want to attack me for your own venal ends, quote what I actually say or shut up about it. Either works for me.
Legion489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 18:08   #12
RJF

I was an Army Brat. I moved eight times before I left for college, went to three different high schools and three different colleges before I entered the Army. I moved eleven times during my time in the Army. I didn't have a "home town" or even a "home state". I had no particular love for the locations I lived in.

My last assignment in the Army was to the Pentagon (yuk). I decided then and there I was tired of moving and bought a home in VA with a long commute to the Pentagon, and that the Pentagon assignment would be my last one. The commute was long but I dumped my life's savings into a house I could afford and live in comfortably when I retired - being able to pay the mortgage with my Army retirement pay and live somewhat comfortably in the even I could not - or would not - get another job.

I did get another job that paid well, I paid off the mortgage, and in 2005 bought a farm a bit further south and moved there. This coming March will mark the longest I have ever lived in any one place.

My best friend, Fi (my avatar) is buried here, as is her best buddy Scruffy. Our first horse - 26 years old - will likely be buried here (his ashes) when that horrible time comes. My ashes will likely be buried in the same grave my best friend Fi is buried in.

This farm is where I intend to die. I won't move again. If I need an all-terrain scooter to get around, I'll do it. Same with an all-terrain walker.

I had never felt such a bond to "the land" in my life. I now appreciate those who do, so suggesting someone just up and move because of politics is a tough reach.

All of us are different, with different backgrounds, beliefs, and sentiments. To trash someone who is tied to a particular state and land is, IMHO, just wrong. We can't know the emotional or realistic reasons one stays where they are. Having moved so many times, I understand the logistics of moving - but it was never a function of wife or job.

Aside from the realistic challenges of employment is the bond to the land.

I sincerely feel for those stuck in commie lands, but just packing up and moving is a bit more complicated - both physically and emotionally - than just calling Mayflower. Before I retired from the Army and "bought the farm", I would not have understood this.

Now I do.
Ben Dover likes this.
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:45   #13
Cyote Down

Thumbs up

RJF-
Ditto on the bond - My bride and I are here in Maine to stay (just celebrated our 35th). I'm a varmint shooter, long range type. We're more heavily wooded up here and not so much open range territory. However this country suits us to a "T".
We get it!
C/D
Coyote Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 23:24   #14

In case anyone is still interested. I saw new 7.62x39 Serbian boxer prime brass for $.29 from American reloading. I couldn't find any info on their site about state shipping restrictions.
https://www.americanreloading.com/en...100-count.html

Maybe not a super deal but on Ammoseek once-fired brass started at .34 and new Geco started at .38.