LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 09:56   #1
Administrator
Points: 24,257, Level: 94 Points: 24,257, Level: 94 Points: 24,257, Level: 94
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Last Achievements

How to make noodles for catching catfish

Buy some noodles from the local china-mart. Pink might be for women, but it makes things easy to see.

Cut noodle into 8 inch lengths

Get some 3/4 inch PVC pipe, caps and some PVC glue

Cut PCV pipe into 9 1/2 inch long sections

Glue cap on 1 end of pipe

Insert PVC pipe into noodle until cap comes into contact with noodle

Drill a 1/4 - 5/16 inch hole in the end of the pipe sticking out past the end of the PVC pipe

Wrap the outside of the noodle with whatever color duct tape state law requires the noodle to be. Since I live in Texas, the noodle must be white, so I wrapped the noodle in white duct tape.

I was using just a noodle for my drop lines. While I was at the deer camp a few weeks ago a guy told me about using PVC, so I decided to make a few up and see how they do.

In theory, when the catfish pulls on the line, the noodle is supposed to stand up. Hopefully this will make the noodle easier to grab from the boat.

For the hooks, I plan on using Circle Hooks.

Circle hooks have a bend at the end of the hook. In theory, if the fish swallows the hook, its supposed to come back out out of the stomach and hook the fish in the mouth. As opposed to the typical j-hook getting stuck in the stomach of the fish and injuring the fish.
Attached Thumbnails
How to make noodles for catching catfish-noodles-catfishing-1119111151.jpg   How to make noodles for catching catfish-noodles-catfishing-1119111150.jpg   How to make noodles for catching catfish-noodles-catfish-111911948.jpg   How to make noodles for catching catfish-noodles-catfish-111911939.jpg  

Last edited by Kevin; 11-19-2011 at 14:05.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote