Perfect Union banner

Time for a little trout fishing!

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ShootinDave 
#1 ·
I'm heading out for the annual trout fishing trip I have taken with my old man every year since I was about 6 or so. We figure we can't let our busy schedules interfere with tradition. So I will catch (no pun intended) you guys in a couple days, hopefully with a belly full of Rainbows.

I mainly made this thread because Shootindave said he didn't want to hear one word about me sneaking away to go fishing. Sorry Dave!

Till then, safe shooting!

#2 ·
I asked for a simple favor.... no speaking of rainbows while i am slaving away at work!

Leave a few in the spring for me. Remember the limit is 4 now, not 5. Thats 4 in zone 2 at the whistle and 4 in zone 3 after lunch. :-]

- Dave

#5 ·
I have returned! Bennet is the place to be for me. The limit is a ridiculous 4 now as Dave mentioned. We caught 3 each right off the bat and put them on our stingers for dinner, then did a little catch and release for a while. We caught 24 in about an hour and a half the first morning, then in the afternoon we went back to find a bus of about 40 school kids running around screaming and splashing in the water, so the fishing went to pot.

Only fished for about 30 mins this morning and I caught 3 nice ones. The rain didn't stop me but being waist high in water made me want to get out once it started lightning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.