Ask the Moderators Post questions to the Webmaster or Moderators concerning the moderation or other aspects of the board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 09:31   #1
disappointed member
Points: 80,878, Level: 100 Points: 80,878, Level: 100 Points: 80,878, Level: 100
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%
Last Achievements

PLEASE return sub forums and info to mini 14 forum

dear mods/kevin,

please return the subforums and the lost information to the mini section. when i first came here, it was sooo easy to find tons and tons of useful infromation about the mini 14. some of the members who posted this info are no longer with the board, but the research on products and techniques proved to remain very valuable. its a shame to lose so much useful infromation.

i understand about treating the forums more equally, but please find a way to retrieve this lost infrmation, it was an asset to this board. please try and keep this forum about firearms as well as the politics, religion, etc you have added...i never came here to discuss politics...i came here for info on the mini 14...and lately the quality of that information is greatly degraded.

please consider finding a way to locate and return this past useful infromation.

thank you for your consideration
hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 15:40   #2
disappointed member
Points: 80,878, Level: 100 Points: 80,878, Level: 100 Points: 80,878, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
dear mods/kevin,

please return the subforums and the lost information to the mini section. when i first came here, it was sooo easy to find tons and tons of useful infromation about the mini 14. some of the members who posted this info are no longer with the board, but the research on products and techniques proved to remain very valuable. its a shame to lose so much useful infromation.

i understand about treating the forums more equally, but please find a way to retrieve this lost infrmation, it was an asset to this board. please try and keep this forum about firearms as well as the politics, religion, etc you have added...i never came here to discuss politics...i came here for info on the mini 14...and lately the quality of that information is greatly degraded.

please consider finding a way to locate and return this past useful infromation.

KEVIN,

is there any way to find this info? is this under consideration at all?

thanks
Old 04-12-2011, 15:46   #3
Last Achievements

Just a question.. were the subforums consuming any band width or affecting server storage limits? I know that may sound like a crack but its not. im just tryin to understand why they were taken away when alotta people have been askin for them
the_ghost_of_whofarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:12   #4
Administrator
Points: 26,188, Level: 96 Points: 26,188, Level: 96 Points: 26,188, Level: 96
Activity: 6.4% Activity: 6.4% Activity: 6.4%
Last Achievements

One way or another, we are going to break this mentality that perfectunion is "only" about mini-14s.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:20   #5
Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65
Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
One way or another, we are going to break this mentality that perfectunion is "only" about mini-14s.
Then just delete the mini14/30 forum altogether. Mission accomplished.

Seriously, nobody ever said that PU is "only" about mini-14s. Yes, it was dominated by the mini forum, and still is for the most part. Why is that a bad thing? Why not just offer different forums for different subjects, as you are doing, and let the chips fall where they may. Your goal to treat all forums equally is noble and fair, but your approach seems to be to diminish the mini forum instead of building up the other forums to its stature. Everybody loses with that approach. Just MHO. Thanks for the opportunity, and the forum, to post it.
higgite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:42   #6
Points: 1,643, Level: 23 Points: 1,643, Level: 23 Points: 1,643, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Who had that mentality? I never did. It seemed to me like the forum was pretty balanced. Can there at least be a link to it on the home page so its easier to find info info for the mini. Just a thought. Thanks!
MHBM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 14:36   #7
Super Awesome Member
Points: 8,663, Level: 62 Points: 8,663, Level: 62 Points: 8,663, Level: 62
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Last Achievements

Kevin,

Nobody thinks this forum is "only" about mini's. But this forum is pretty much the source for mini-14/30 info. I'm a member over at another gun forum, and every time I'd bring up a mini-14 question, I would always, always get answered with "Go ask the dudes at perfectunion. If you want to know about mini's, thats the place to go." That's why I joined.

I wonder: Why do you want to break this "mentality" so bad? Even if this site was about nothing but mini's why would that be a bad thing?
Old 04-13-2011, 15:00   #8
disappointed member
Last Achievements

kevin,

this is with all due respect. i really don't want the PU to be all about minis. honestly, the only thing i am asking is to try and return a wealth of information that was lost in the transfer. maybe something in the mini section like "mini archives" i mean there were "stickied" posts that you could read for days about accessories & the improvement of the mini. SO MUCH good info that people worked hard to discover & shared freely. i mean you didn't even have to ask that many questions because of the wealth of info already covered.

i mean we got a BBQ forum added on a few requests (which is great). all this is...is a request to return some great info for board members.

if the answer is no, i won't ask again. but i really don't understand the problem with returning valuable info to the board.

and i frequent many of the PU boards. but the mini was the best, because of this wealth of info.

thanks again,

hawkguy
Old 04-14-2011, 06:39   #9
Points: 18,245, Level: 85 Points: 18,245, Level: 85 Points: 18,245, Level: 85
Activity: 25.5% Activity: 25.5% Activity: 25.5%
Last Achievements

Mini info

I'll have to weigh in and say I miss the deleted info also - but I enjoy most of the other 'pages' also.
the bbq and reloading sections is a '+' imo.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:48   #10
Points: 14,278, Level: 77 Points: 14,278, Level: 77 Points: 14,278, Level: 77
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
dear mods/kevin,

I agree!! the only reason I even found this sight way back when was because of my quest for mini-14 info otherwise I would have probably never even gave this forum a faint thought to join.