Ask the Moderators Post questions to the Webmaster or Moderators concerning the moderation or other aspects of the board.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 06:33   #26
Points: 18,090, Level: 85 Points: 18,090, Level: 85 Points: 18,090, Level: 85
Activity: 27.3% Activity: 27.3% Activity: 27.3%
Last Achievements

'outta here'

steve right much told it as it was for him desiel. I'm betting his frustrating fireing pin problem can be traced to a defective bolt as others suspect. and Ruger CS should have made it good. this and the damage they did to his modded M30 when he sent it back for them to check out is the core of his 'bashing'.
and I had 2 glaring issues with my M30 out of the box. the front sight and the scope mount cuts atop the receiver. but I persevered and made effective mods myself. I realize most would not have gone to the trouble, nor should they have had to.
Ruger CS for the Mini seems to be lacking. bear in mind that I've had good luck with them for my other 3 Ruger guns, 3 handguns actually.
I hate to see steve go his posts were challenging IMO and may have bordered on irritable for some but he was'nt anywheres near being a troll IMO.
but as said elsewhere let's all be cool now, we have too many common interest not to.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:17   #27
Points: 7,754, Level: 59 Points: 7,754, Level: 59 Points: 7,754, Level: 59
Activity: 35.6% Activity: 35.6% Activity: 35.6%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by CZDiesel View Post
Give me a break guys! Steve was a great asset at one point to the site but has been nothing but a Ruger basher and a pot stirrer for months.... Please show me his last actual informative post? He checked out months ago, long before the site changed hands!

I've kinda noticed that too, to much happening to soon, losing mark, cajun, and site changing hands, lots of new members. I kinda miss the way it was back in the day, but it got REALLY out of control at one point (thats why there is no politics forum now). I cant help but to feel there is a RL catalyst for steves behavior.
Set your bayonets to stabby!
DiN_BLiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:35   #28
disappointed member
Points: 76,510, Level: 100 Points: 76,510, Level: 100 Points: 76,510, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Give me a break guys! Steve was a great asset at one point to the site but has been nothing but a Ruger basher and a pot stirrer for months.... Please show me his last actual informative post? He checked out months ago, long before the site changed hands!
yup, his useless bashing got on my nerves, but it was easy to tell he once really liked the mini, he was just frustrated with the company & also by some of the new charming & intelligent posters, like me i think we were just starting to develop a beautiful love/hate relationship myself
hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:52   #29
Points: 9,693, Level: 66 Points: 9,693, Level: 66 Points: 9,693, Level: 66
Activity: 11.5% Activity: 11.5% Activity: 11.5%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by Marlin 45 carbine View Post
I hate to see steve go his posts were challenging IMO and may have bordered on irritable for some but he was'nt anywheres near being a troll IMO.
I'm with Marlin on this.

It's obvious that some here found Steve's comments to be overbearing, simply because he had a difference of opinion from theirs. But, at least, give the guy this...he was passionate about his Ruger Mini rifle(s).

Yeah, he had a bad experience with Ruger. And, I'm betting if anyone here dumped a ton of money and time into their Mini rifle, made it shoot well enough to win a few contests, then sent it off to Ruger (for whatever reason), and it came back shooting like cr^p, you might have an axe to grind too, especially if Ruger's CS didn't handle it well.

Now, of course, there's Ruger's side to the story too. And, we'll never know that. I'm sure that if you talked to who handled Steve's Mini, they would have stories of their own to tell.

But, I've learned that there's always three sides to a story. In this case, there was Steve's side, Ruger's side...and then there was the truth somewhere in between. Obviously, since we only got to hear Steve's side, it was "pro-Steve". But, I'll admit that if I were telling the story, it would be "pro-me" as well.

With regards to Steve's contribution to the PU, which has obviously been challenged, I would like to remind people that in the month of January 2011, Steve offered...not one...not two...but three FREE contest give-aways.

Giveaway #1
Giveaway #2
Giveaway #3

Please show me another member here who has done that.

As far as informative posts, the guy was like a Mini-14/30 encyclopedia. Sure, it might sometimes come at a "cost" to open that book, but if you sincerely asked Steve for help, he would go to the nth-degree to explain stuff to you.

BTW, I'd say that his second to last post was fairly informative:

Steve's second to last post

And, I think his contribution and demeanor in a recent thread was more than helpful:

Question Firing Pin Broke

Bottom line, Steve had a right to be on this message board, just like anyone of us. And, IMO he was a member that went over-and-above the average bear's contributions.

Love him or hate him, he will be missed here.

And, as far as the "don't let the door hit you in the a$$..." comments go...

Give me a break!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:07   #30
Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65
Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5%
Last Achievements

+1. Well done, alaj.
higgite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:10   #31
anti-capitalist
Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100 Points: 71,878, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements

+2 ..
freesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:34   #32
Points: 6,550, Level: 52 Points: 6,550, Level: 52 Points: 6,550, Level: 52
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Last Achievements

+3 Cheers! I'd definitely have to say Steve had more to add to this forum than "the Accuser". Even if it was only his sarcastic BS . People take things too personally....
Crowcifier666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 13:15   #33
Points: 2,457, Level: 30 Points: 2,457, Level: 30 Points: 2,457, Level: 30
Last Achievements

He had over 2000 posts and now decides to quit?

If he has a problem with the site talk about it.
Shame to lose a member like that.
Old 03-06-2011, 14:04   #34
Last Achievements

knowing steve as I do I'll say he's gone for good - to the detriment of this forum.
several here will notice the loss.
Old 03-06-2011, 17:47   #35
Points: 4,411, Level: 42 Points: 4,411, Level: 42 Points: 4,411, Level: 42
Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0%
Last Achievements

Trust me I know Steve has a lot more to offer than I do and I would have loved for to learn more from him.... But that just wasn't the case, at least since last summer. I wish he would have stuck around and not gotten so bitter at Ruger but as my father would say.... "It is what it is"
I do hope he will at some point come back and have a better attitude towards Minis though, as I would love to learn from him, especially his loading for the 7.62x39
Old 03-06-2011, 17:59   #36
Isolationist Libertarian
Points: 5,263, Level: 46 Points: 5,263, Level: 46 Points: 5,263, Level: 46
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Last Achievements

Just keep shooting that steel case CZ and you can learn first hand, oh but nevermind it works great....No wait it doesn't...but there's a video....No wait there isn't. Damn I'm glad I like .223s.
Old 03-06-2011, 18:10   #37
Points: 4,411, Level: 42 Points: 4,411, Level: 42 Points: 4,411, Level: 42
Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
Just keep shooting that steel case CZ and you can learn first hand, oh but nevermind it works great....No wait it doesn't...but there's a video....No wait there isn't. Damn I'm glad I like .223s.
Funny but I have never shot steel cased ammo.... The brass cased stuff is all my M-30 has ever seen. I do have this strong itch to try it though
Old 03-06-2011, 18:58   #38
Points: 27,061, Level: 97 Points: 27,061, Level: 97 Points: 27,061, Level: 97
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%
Last Achievements

come on cz, shoot them steel case ammo, you know you want to
guncats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:22   #39
Last Achievements

Funny but I have never shot steel cased ammo.... The brass cased stuff is all my M-30 has ever seen. I do have this strong itch to try it though
there's really no need to. the Yugo mil-surp shoots fairly good - a bit sooty though and requires windex or such cleaning but as cheap as steel cased.
I've never had any luck with any steel cased in my M30 but have read some do well with Wol Military Classic, Brown Bear and Silver Bear (which I tried but still failure to fires)
I'm hopeing for more Sako mil-surp to come ashore and Lapua to, it was bedan primed but non corro primed. very good ammo.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:44   #40
Empty Member
Points: 3,830, Level: 39 Points: 3,830, Level: 39 Points: 3,830, Level: 39
Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6%
Last Achievements

Steve if you get back here to check up to see what members new and old are saying bout you and are reading this .....

I took a while after reading your exiting post to get my feelings sorted about what this sight is becoming , some of the new member influx and postings , old members exiting , and core members posting and sticking it out .

At first I was gonna call you out as a pansy quitter . How could one believe that someone like you who has a true love and knowledge of this firearm platform up and quit . But at the same time I was having the same feelings of disgust , remorse , and real letdown as I was watching the sight go up in flames . I'm not one for generally posting derogatory remarks or jumping in a fight just because I don't agree with a post , If I have something genuinely pertinent or important to post I would . That has somewhat changed lately , mostly out of frustration .

Some members have said good ridding to you , and about time . I will have to admit , I don't think I agreed with you a good half of the time , or your agitator posting ways . And on more than one occasion stood up at the keyboard shaking my head with disgust , then after thinking about what was posted , began to see what you were saying . Looking over the the gruffness of you postings , and your political hard-on for 'Ole Bill Ruger and his lawyer dominated CS policies of his company , I saw a massive depth of knowledge with the Mini , firearms , and reloading .... And It was this that I want to give you a real heart felt THANK YOU for . I could have never made my Mini the shooter it is today , without the kernels of knowledge obtained from you and a few others here on this sight . I have seen a new trend the last week with the regulars here coming back to stand up for the core values of our sight . We need to welcome all new members who will hopefully have something to contribute in regards to firearms , weed out the bad ones pushing their ideologies and godlier than thou visions on us , and help them with what we have learned from you and others . I for one have decided to give it my best go at keeping the Perfect Union character what it was with all the changes ..... Gonna fight the good fight .....

I have a feeling , you won't be back , it just doesn't fit your Grouchy Golden Gopher persona , you make a call your gonna stick with it good or bad . If you could , shoot me a PM , as I think you still owe me some 69 grain Nosliers , if not I understand . The Mini has kinda been put to the back of the safe for now , as other toys are getting all my attention at this moment . But I always come back to the Mini cause its one of my favorites , and will put all 20 , not 19 , into your target just for you Hope you will come back to your Mini someday too ...

Good Luck my friend , and thanks

Tony

Sorry for the rambling post guys , just had to get it out
67rschev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:31   #41
Points: 11,036, Level: 69 Points: 11,036, Level: 69 Points: 11,036, Level: 69
Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0%
Last Achievements

Good post, Tony.
Old 03-08-2011, 20:15   #42
Points: 41,864, Level: 100 Points: 41,864, Level: 100 Points: 41,864, Level: 100
Activity: 22.0% Activity: 22.0% Activity: 22.0%
Last Achievements

Steve did have his bone to pick with Ruger, he sent his gun back at least 2 x and was told they could do nothing with it. He knew alot about the mini and reloading and would share at times, depended on what mood he was in. If there was someone complaining about Ruger, he would add his $2 worth. He may be on another board, hope his meds get changed and he comes back. If I had a bolt to swap with him, I would do it and send it in as my bolt needing repair for him. He never picked at anyone, just Ruger, I admire him for that. Good to hear from others too!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:50   #43
Points: 2,468, Level: 30 Points: 2,468, Level: 30 Points: 2,468, Level: 30
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
Not sure what's going on with this site, but this post has definitely got me concerned.

You guys enjoy, I'm gone!
Kinda sounds to me like he's concerned about "Big Brother", if that's the case, he should NEVER get online, no e-mail, no forums or anything even remotely similar. If anyone thinks that Big Bro isn't reading there stuff on ANY forum, privately owned or not....think again.

just my opinion.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:18   #44
Points: 2,468, Level: 30 Points: 2,468, Level: 30 Points: 2,468, Level: 30
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by cqbinkalifornia View Post
Big Brother would be an AR-15 type thing. I think hes referring to the changes, how there being made, whats going on in general, etc.
I wouldn't know anything about that, haven't been around here long enough I guess. Isn't a forum, for the most part, what it's members make it?
Old 03-09-2011, 18:27   #45
Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65 Points: 9,366, Level: 65
Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5% Activity: 70.5%
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by coyotebait View Post
...Isn't a forum, for the most part, what it's members make it?
Nope. In this case, it's what the new owner is changing it to. The members had made it long ago.
higgite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 19:36   #46
Points: 2,971, Level: 33 Points: 2,971, Level: 33 Points: 2,971, Level: 33
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by coyotebait View Post
I wouldn't know anything about that, haven't been around here long enough I guess. Isn't a forum, for the most part, what it's members make it?
My thoughts exactly!!

If the core members bale, the site is diminished, because we lose their future input, thus the knowledge, they have to pass on.

(So says Gui-Gon Jinn)

Edmund Burke (1770)

Join the NRA!
Turn-Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 20:01   #47
Points: 2,971, Level: 33 Points: 2,971, Level: 33 Points: 2,971, Level: 33
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by higgite View Post
Nope. In this case, it's what the new owner is changing it to. The members had made it long ago.

Yes, the members, and Bill did!

This is a new opportunity to move it forward and grow!

I have not been here as long as many of you.

I usually chose to read more than I post.

Some things have definitely changed lately, is that bad?

The only problem I've had lately has been dealt with!
(The Orange hooded A--Hat, Kudos: Gossman!!)

Let's move ON!

Edmund Burke (1770)

Join the NRA!

Last edited by Turn-Key; 03-09-2011 at 20:02. Reason: Sorry, left some stuff on the end of the post:>(
Turn-Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:57   #48
Points: 11,446, Level: 70 Points: 11,446, Level: 70 Points: 11,446, Level: 70
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by alaj70 View Post
Truth be told, CQB, I'm getting a real good handle on why people are leaving or simply not coming back.

But, I'm sure glad membership is up!!

Originally Posted by cqbinkalifornia View Post
I know you did, the response was more for the audience

enlighten me, please
via PM is fine
BuffDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:28   #49
Points: 8,778, Level: 63 Points: 8,778, Level: 63 Points: 8,778, Level: 63
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Last Achievements

I've been a member since before the site changed hands. I was around when one of the sections was closed due to heated political debate. I come here occasionally for the sharing of information. All that said, there are sites I used to frequent that I don't anymore due to various reasons. Some sites have people leaving for various reasons. Looks like Steve found his. I wish him well.

Jim
jimbobborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 13:17   #50
Soldier of The Cross
Points: 2,219, Level: 28 Points: 2,219, Level: 28 Points: 2,219, Level: 28
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
You guys enjoy, I'm gone!
Don't let the CyberDoorKnob hit you on the way out!

Last edited by AppalachianFreedom; 03-10-2011 at 19:26.
AppalachianFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote