Ask the Moderators Post questions to the Webmaster or Moderators concerning the moderation or other aspects of the board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 10:40   #1
Points: 28,860, Level: 99 Points: 28,860, Level: 99 Points: 28,860, Level: 99
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Bill or anyone in the know....... has the Cajungeo been heard from since Rita went in? We have not seen a post from him since before the storm and are about ready to send the troops in ............ Ya'll let us know if you've heard from him so we won't worry so much!!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 13:55   #2
Points: 30,548, Level: 100 Points: 30,548, Level: 100 Points: 30,548, Level: 100
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%
Last Achievements

To the best of my knowledge no one has heard from him since his last post on 9/20. I've sent him an email and a couple of PMs but have yet to hear from him.

Old 10-14-2005, 19:07   #3
Points: 104,468, Level: 100 Points: 104,468, Level: 100 Points: 104,468, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

I'm back.

The hurricane Rita got us big time. It tore half the roof off the house, knocked out all the water, sewer, and power. There was no food, water, power or gas, other than what we had for emergency around the house. The rain drowned both my computers. After setting for 1 week they allowed us back in for a 1 day check and leave. I poured water out of the computers.

There were no hotels to sleep so I had to sleep in the woods in my truck for a while. Made it to my folks house in Lubbock Tex. My dad gave me his computer as he couldn't get it running.

Some small towns south were wiped off the map. There isn't a trace. Here in Lake Charles, even our hurricane proof hangers were damaged. one was totaled. We had some damage to the aircraft. I started to work last Monday. There is sheet metal, and fiberglass insulation all over.

The trees were knocked down all over. It will take years to get things back to normal. I got some groceries and some gas to day for the first time, as business is slowly opening up. It was good to eat something besides spam and canned goods. The National guard are still giving out MRE's, but I will pass on them.

I moved my stuff out of the wet rooms to the dry rooms, and so there isn't a lot of room.

Anyway it's good to be back. Thanks guys for taking up the slack while I was an evacuee.
cajungeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:22   #4
Points: 28,860, Level: 99 Points: 28,860, Level: 99 Points: 28,860, Level: 99
Last Achievements

Dang Cajungeo you've been through it this summer!!! Glad you're back on line and still kick'n. Wish ya had known where we were, lot's closer than Lubbock. The daughter and her husband + 2 kiddos and another couple + an extra sister were here with us for two weeks. I knew that I'd built that outdoor kitchen for a reason, now I know what it was!!! One of the many tornadoes that poped out of Rita twisted the top out of a two-hundred yr. old oak tree and dropped it through the kids kitchen roof, then it rained, then the sun came out and warmed up all the mold and mildew and it took over the first floor of their house. All the first floor sheeetrock, furniture, clothes, ect. is ruined, and they're lucky, Those poor souls from Cameron don't even have anything left to fix. Some of the cats I fish with in Corpus say all that stuff Rita stole from ya'll is washing up on Padre Island right now. Such a mess, and now we've got Wilma wound up like a Black and Decker circle saw and headed for Florida........ there ain't no end to it!!!!
Hang in there bro' it's good to see ya back!!!!