Help !! - Shooting Sports Forum

Ask the Moderators Post questions to the Webmaster or Moderators concerning the moderation or other aspects of the board.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By kwg020
  • 1 Post By RJF
  • 1 Post By whofarted
  • 1 Post By calibrator
  • 2 Post By whofarted
  • 1 Post By Bepe
  • 1 Post By kwg020

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2017, 19:20   #1

Help !!

I can't read Perfect Union. I click on any forum and I see the screen for about 2 seconds and it goes blank and I get a white screen. I get a title bar at the top but Perfect union never comes back. I down loaded an updated Adobe reader yesterday and I have not been able to get back on. I'm sending this message from my tablet.

Any clues to the problem? Has anyone else had this issue before?

Kwg
kwg020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:45   #2

Originally Posted by kwg020 View Post
I can't read Perfect Union. I click on any forum and I see the screen for about 2 seconds and it goes blank and I get a white screen. I get a title bar at the top but Perfect union never comes back. I down loaded an updated Adobe reader yesterday and I have not been able to get back on. I'm sending this message from my tablet.

Any clues to the problem? Has anyone else had this issue before?

Kwg
Not to rub salt in your wound.... but if you can't read Perfect Union how can you read any replies that you get?

I would try it with a different web browser. I have websites that won't work on Mozilla Firefox, for example, that work fine in Chrome or IE.
Rumfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:25   #3

Did you try to refresh the page? You may try to restore everything to the default settings. Do you have trouble viewing other web pages? It could be a spammer trying to take over the site, I get that now and then and I view everything from my iPhone.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:59   #4

Both PU and the RugerForum do this. No other gun forum does this. I can't even get to the refresh button. I have run virus and spy programs and cleared the cookies. No luck. The only change I have made is updating Adobe.
Bepe likes this.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:31   #5
RJF

Sounds like Adobe Reader is the culprit, which is usually the case. Stopped using it many many years ago because it was so buggy and while I was working as a government contractor, our company stopped using it as it had so many security holes in it.

Here is an article about some decent PDF Readers. The 6 Best PDF Readers For Windows

I use PDF-XChange Viewer and it has been rock-solid since I started using it about seven years ago. And it's free. I just learned it has been replaced with PDF XCHange Editor (also free), which lets you create and edit PDF files. Available here:
https://www.tracker-software.com/pro...xchange-editor
They'll charge for the "Plus" version, but you won't need any of those features.

Hope this helps.
RJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:59   #6
Oh my Mod!

My PC installed an update yesterday killing my ability to use Chrome. It locks up and freezes everything. I have started using Edge and its been ok.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:00   #7

MSIE started doing that yesterday to me. If I use edge the site comes up fine. Time to install chrome or edge buddy. Try another browser.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:11   #8
Oh my Mod!

Chrome killed me. It would lock everything up.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:16   #9
RJF

Firefox has been rock-solid! It, with Ghostery, Flashblock, and AdBlock makes for an enjoyable experience. By the way, Ghostery is now recording 17 "trackers" on this site (up from 14 a few days ago), all of them blocked.

Advertising: 14 Trackers
Site Analytics: 1 Tracker
Essential: 1 Tracker
Social Media: 1 Tracker
Bepe likes this.
Old 01-14-2017, 13:00   #10

Hello all.
I switched to using Chrome and I can get on. I prefer to use IE but I want to get on and visit with you guys. I have Chrome loaded on my old computer (this one) but not on the new one. It's aggravating.

kwg
Old 01-14-2017, 14:03   #11
Oh my Mod!

It all happened after Windows did an update for me.
Bepe likes this.
Old 01-14-2017, 15:37   #12
RJF

Firefox, pure and simple. Only use IE on very rare occasions if I choose to watch a youtube video (I have it disabled on Firefox).
Old 01-15-2017, 14:35   #13

"I can't read Perfect Union. I click on any forum and I see the screen for about 2 seconds and it goes blank and I get a white screen. I get a title bar at the top but Perfect union never comes back". kwg020

^^ This has sort of been my experience also the last 3 days or so, except I don't even get time to log in before it goes white. I know nothing about Adobe Reader, as no other website or Forum is a problem loading here. Infowars was not loading for a while, but that resolved itself before my issues here. Why is it that only sites that seem to have a more controversial political content are an issue??? I slalom through 10-12 various sites each day, and I have ZERO issues with any others. tfh
Bepe likes this.
calibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 14:41   #14
Oh my Mod!

Try now. I just got word from Admin they made a change on a plug in to attempt to resolve
RJF and Bepe like this.
Old 01-15-2017, 14:48   #15

Originally Posted by calibrator View Post
"I can't read Perfect Union. I click on any forum and I see the screen for about 2 seconds and it goes blank and I get a white screen. I get a title bar at the top but Perfect union never comes back". kwg020

^^ This has sort of been my experience also the last 3 days or so, except I don't even get time to log in before it goes white. I know nothing about Adobe Reader, as no other website or Forum is a problem loading here. Infowars was not loading for a while, but that resolved itself before my issues here. Why is it that only sites that seem to have a more controversial political content are an issue??? I slalom through 10-12 various sites each day, and I have ZERO issues with any others. tfh
PC installed an update about 3 or 4 days ago. Same as this ^^^Trouble here and Ruger.net. I unistalled the update hoping to resolve the issue. No dice. Just tried it now and I'm in. Haven't tried Ruger. Good to be back.
Bepe
RJF likes this.
Bepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:02   #16

Originally Posted by chill1955 View Post
MSIE started doing that yesterday to me. If I use edge the site comes up fine. Time to install chrome or edge buddy. Try another browser.
Same white screen symptom-started acting up a few days ago while using the dell.msn.com browser. Switched over to windows internet explorer and all is again well.
nickelplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:22   #17

Originally Posted by whofarted View Post
Try now. I just got word from Admin they made a change on a plug in to attempt to resolve
It must have worked because I am now back in on P U. I have not tried the Ruger forum yet.

kwg
whofarted likes this.