Perfect Union banner

I never imagined I would see

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  woodstock 
#1 ·
A DPMS black rifle in 7.62 NATO at Wal Mart for under $1000. I was walking through the sporting goods section just glancing at the guns in the rack and one caught my eye. It was in with the other black rifles and something looked different. It was the mag well, I noticed the price $907.00 and asked what it was, he never told me what model but said it was a DPMS in 7.62 NATO/.308. He did not have the keys to open the case and I did not have the time to wait so I did not get to look it over closely.

I am not much up on the AR 10 type rifles, just read that they are fairly accurate. Is this a good deal for a EBR in 7.62? I like my AR's, my Colt 6920 is sweet. Also how about magazine costs, arm and a leg or fairly reasonable?

#2 ·
Hi Jeff

The terms good deal and fairly accurate are kind of subjective. I would say yes and yes. The more expensive ones have more features usually intended for durability and accuracy done in materials and processes. I saw a nice dpms AR on sale at Sportsmans warehouse comes with 4 mags and the dpms cleaning kit for 800 bucks. I went to their web site and saw it a promotion through the holidays where all their rifles come with 4 mags and a nice cleaning kit. I think everyone should have a battle rifle, but thats just me. Can be used for hunting but heavy and plastic makes a lot of noises alarming to critters. Happy Thanksgiving.

#4 ·
I picked up a 6920 at Wal Mart quite awhile back and am very happy with it, I still shoot my Mini a lot more. I just may have to pick one of those DPMS in .308 up for Christmas. I need to research them a bit more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.