Perfect Union banner

Cali legal

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Holliday 
#1 ·
How's everyone doing? I live in Kali so my options are very limited. You guys who have the ability to buy AR'S and AK'S are very fortunate. Anyway, I always wanted an AR15 but the only way LEGALLY is to get one of these. Tell me what you guys (especially if anyone has one like this) think. Thanks.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programmin....asp?Prodid=213

G
#2 ·
were not fortunate. we are people who are respected by our governing states and have enough people behind us who try not to let ignorance get voted into law.

that is not good fortune. it is common sense and standing up for ones rights.

now back to the rifle! looks good! if its only pinned in by a rivet or like that and not a "permanent" fixture like welded or crimped in and still has the functioning mag catch then hell yeah! if you ever move or the CADOJ changes its views then swapping it over or removing the pinned mag and reverted back to a standard lower then that would be great!

#3 ·
how do you reload such thing? <_<

the fixed mag FAL's use stripper clips and load from the top, but this one has a carry handle which is in the way

#5 ·
Thanks guys for your replies. However, I am not looking into the Vulcan anymore. I figure if i'm going to spend money it will be something with quality (even though it's neutured). I don't plan on moving anytime soon so here is my other option.

http://www.californiabushmaster.com/default.html

But here is the problem. I also got my eye on a M1A just like this one.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/r...MA9106Large.jpg

I eventually want to get both but as of now can only get one and it is 50/50 so I would like your opinions. Basically the bushmaster has a functioning mag release and I have heard if california ever gives up its ban (unlikely) they will fix it so it will accept mags and it has a lifetime guarantee. I wasn't old enough to buy a preban when the law went into effect so this is the closest thing i will ever get in california. The m1a? well it kicks ass also :D . Your opinions will be appreciated
:ar15: .

#6 ·
Originally posted by KichiMark@Oct 6 2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks guys for your replies. However, I am not looking into the Vulcan anymore. I figure if i'm going to spend money it will be something with quality (even though it's neutured). I don't plan on moving anytime soon so here is my other option.

http://www.californiabushmaster.com/default.html

But here is the problem. I also got my eye on a M1A just like this one.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/r...MA9106Large.jpg

I eventually want to get both but as of now can only get one and it is 50/50 so I would like your opinions. Basically the bushmaster has a functioning mag release and I have heard if california ever gives up its ban (unlikely) they will fix it so it will accept mags and it has a lifetime guarantee. I wasn't old enough to buy a preban when the law went into effect so this is the closest thing i will ever get in california. The m1a? well it kicks ass also :D . Your opinions will be appreciated
:ar15: .
Won't be too long before Bushmaster shuts these guys down.

If I were you, I'd go with the M1A, and if you want an AR, wait til you leave that hell hole (I just did). There are no legal Kali AR's to buy anymore, as even the nomenclature AR or AR-15 is BANNED in Kali....only abominations suck as the Vulcan and ***-10 are available alternatives.

Kali sucks, in more than a few ways.....I'm glad I did what I had to in Kali and got the fu(k out as soon as I could!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, big CE gunshow this weekend--might buy an M4gery, Ak variant, and even an FAl and a whole crapload of (illegal in Kali) magazines--and walk away with it the same day (or within ten minutes), rather than have to wait 10 days and have them registered via Kali DROS.....

Did I mention I hate Kali? :angry:

#9 ·
Mikr - "only abominations suck as the Vulcan and ***-10 are available alternatives." LOL :beer: . If I can find a good job in another state that is offering what I make here I will gladly move AND will buy TWO AR'S but just to move to buy them isn't going to happen.

Holliday/Gridlock/Mikr - Thanks for your opinions, you guys actually helped in my decision for the M1A. I know the pic shows the flash suppressor but the one I will get will have a muzzlebreak instead. I guess kali doesn't trust me to have a FS :confused:. :beer: :beer: :beer: . I will probably use it to hunt hogs too :sniper: .

#10 ·
some people prefer muzzle breaks, I have one on my bushmaster and i like it. Now are the Socom16's legal in cali? if so you should really consider one of those. You would have the barrel length of a carbine and the power of the .308 all in one. I was going to get an M1A a month or so ago, but i dont have the income anymore. I was going to go with the socom16, i read alot of really good reviews on it out of magazines. AND it was NRA rifle of the year.

Socom16

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.