Building Myself a Dissy... - Page 2 - Shooting Sports Forum

AR-15 Talk AR-15 General Interest

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2017, 06:41   #26

I took an opportunity yesterday afternoon...

COBrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:56   #27

Looks pretty sweet already. I really like that green furniture.
cjclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 19:30   #28

Thanks, cjclemens!

FA had a 10% off Winter Sale that ended Sunday. I couldn't pass up the opportunity, I went ahead and ordered up a LPK (w/o FCG), buffer/tube/spring, A2 buttstock spacer, and A2 upper buttstock screw.

For my upper. That I'm not building. Because I don't have permission. And I do not intend to build a complete rifle. Yet.

Having said that, the lower will set me back $125, and I've got my eye on LaRue's MBT-2S trigger. $125 retail, but they're offered at $99 on sale from time to time.

Then I'll have a complete rifle, in bags inside of boxes, and an itch that only assembling said rifle will scratch.

I think I'll come clean to the wife some time this summer. "I've been picking up parts here and there over the last several months, as they go on sale." It's the truth. If I purchased all the parts at MSRP (or even regular street price), I'd have somewhere around $1200 in this rifle. As it stands right now, I'll have around $800 in it if all goes according to plan. And that's including all the add-on doodads (Harris front sling stud, KNS rear sling stud, National Match front sight, KAC rear), except a sling.

Old 04-14-2017, 13:22   #29

Well...

I found out today that LaRue is having an Easter sale. MBTs for $99. Ordered one for my .308, 1 for the wife's AR, 1 for a friend, and 1 to go in this box of parts I have.

Shortly thereafter, I received an e-mail from Fulton Armory. They, too, are having an Easter sale. 15% off receivers and barrels, 10% off everything else.

I now have a lower on the way. Somewhat upset with myself at this point...

Anybody got a doghouse I can rent?
Old 04-17-2017, 15:05   #30

My PSA build "Dissy".

savage99nc and COBrien like this.
Mickey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:56   #31

Originally Posted by Mickey D View Post
My PSA build "Dissy".

Beautiful rifle! Is yours running rifle gas or mid gas? I know PSA has been selling middies for a year or so, but I could swear they made a batch of rifle gas Dissies as well.

I love how different wood furniture looks on an AR. Couldn't bring myself to dive in just yet, but someday.
Mickey D likes this.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:40   #32

Originally Posted by COBrien View Post
Beautiful rifle! Is yours running rifle gas or mid gas? I know PSA has been selling middies for a year or so, but I could swear they made a batch of rifle gas Dissies as well.

I love how different wood furniture looks on an AR. Couldn't bring myself to dive in just yet, but someday.
Thanks!
The upper is a mid-gas PSA Dissipator barrel/receiver. Though I have shot the rifle, it's now a display gun.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:21   #33

Latest Dissipator

savage99nc and COBrien like this.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:24   #34

Originally Posted by Mickey D View Post
Latest Dissipator

Very nice -- clean and simple. Mine will be almost identical, except for the green furniture. And a Hogue beavertail finger groove grip.
Mickey D likes this.
Old 04-24-2017, 16:11   #35

I just got thru building a Fight Lite lower with a PSA Dissipator Upper. 1:7 stainless.

I was cautioned about the rifle length gas system so I avoided it. The PSA Upper has a Mid Length gas system and my gun functions flawlessly.

I like the long fore end on my gun and I cut the Front Sight down to where it's only function is holding the fore end on.

I will be adding a new Clamp on Front Sight and Linier Compensator of my own design as soon as I have time to make them.

I just got back form a Front Sight 2 day Rifle class and other than a couple of Magazine induced malfunctions the gun ran perfectly and was a joy to shoot. 7lbs on the nose and hangs off the sling perfectly in Cross Body Carry.

I live in CA and this comes under the heading of a "Featureless Semi Auto Rifle" so it is completely legal as it is. Unfortunately we have to put up with this Liberal BS out here, but this gun is so nice it makes me not want to care.

Here's a pic:

Looks like yours is going to be a cool gun., love the Dissipator concept.

Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Building Myself a Dissy...-100464479.jpg  
savage99nc likes this.
Old 04-24-2017, 19:38   #36

I live in a free state, but I do kind of dig the look of those Fight Lite lowers. What type of mag does it require? And do standard AR pattern FCGs work in them?

Last edited by COBrien; 04-25-2017 at 06:11.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:34   #37

Got my much-anticipated e-mail from LaRue -- my order has shipped.

Since they're in TX and I'm in OK, I'm hopeful I'll receive my box o' triggers by the weekend.